Wayne Rooney apologises to family and Derby County football club over online images

Images of England’s greatest goal-scorer appeared on social media on Sunday, seeming to show the former Manchester United player sleeping in a hotel room surrounded by a number of young women.
Wayne Rooney has apologized to his family and Derby County over photographs of him at a private party that appeared online.

Over the weekend, images purportedly showing Derby County manager Gary Rowett sleeping in a hotel room surrounded by a bunch of young ladies went viral on social media.

Cheshire Police said on Tuesday that they would not pursue a blackmail case relating to the photos, after Rooney’s counsel concluded there had been an illegal attempt to entrap him.
On Wednesday evening, the 35-year-old apologized to his family for the photographs.

“I made a mistake,” he admitted to Sky Sports News following his team’s friendly victory over Real Betis.
“I went to a private party with two of my friends,” Rooney continued, “and from me, I’d like to apologise to my family and the club for the photographs that were going around, and I want to move forward on this.”

 

“I’m grateful to Derby County for giving me this opportunity to return this club to its rightful place, and I’ll do all in my power to ensure that happens.”

“It’s taken care of. I’m excited to get back on track and prepare for another game on Sunday.”

On Sunday, the photographs went viral on social media, but there was no evidence that the former Manchester United and England star acted inappropriately or was even aware of what was going on around him.

“On Monday 26 July Cheshire Constabulary received complaints of possible blackmail relating to a number of photos circulating online,” Cheshire Police stated in a statement.

“Officers have spoken with the individual involved and are satisfied that no offenses have occurred.” The individual involved has also declared that they do not intend to pursue the case further.”

Rooney is in his first full season as manager of Derby County, having narrowly maintained them in the Championship after taking over from Phillip Cocu last season.

However, he has warned that unless the club makes substantial signings, he will be unable to field a team.

Derby presently has nine senior players registered, two of them are goalkeepers.

Jason Knight, one of those players, was injured after a 50-50 tackle with Rooney in practice. He has been ruled out of the game for three months.

Get in Touch

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related Articles

Nyeri Governor Kahiga, Mathira MP Gachagua summoned by police.

A Nyeri court has issued four police officers a warrant of arrest for failing to appear for inquest proceedings at the scene of the...

Four beaten to death on suspicion of being thieves in Kitengela.

Families of four young men lynched by a mob in Kitengele are disputing claims that their sons were cattle rustlers on a mission to...

Witness says he saw cops assault Embu brothers before they were found dead.

Details of what happened on August 1, 2021, when the two Embu slain brothers were arrested have emerged as burial preparations for the two...

Get in Touch

0FansLike
2,988FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Latest Posts